Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
10-March-2012 (Saturday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

10-March-2012 (Saturday)
Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

SWAMI APURVANANDA - 26

Passing that night at Koalpara Ashrama, early next morning I left for Vishnupur via Kotulpur in the midst of a light drizzle. I tramped about twenty-four miles through mud and slush, without an umbrella, taking shelter under trees from time to time during occasional heavy downpours. When I finally reached Vishnupur a little before dark, I was close to dropping dead.

In the letter I wrote to Mother to report my safe arrival at the Sevakendra, I also included an account of the ordeal suffered due to rain and slush during my journey from Koalpara to Vishnupur. Mother had been deeply worried by that letter. Barada Maharaj wrote to me that one should not write to Mother like that about hardships suffered on the way, that she was very upset, and so on. In reply I wrote that all was well with me. However, I did not regret in the least having written to Mother as I had done; on the contrary, I rejoiced at the thought that she had been concerned about me and that her blessings alone had ensured my well-being even in that season when malaria was raging. Who else but the mother should be concerned about the son?

(REMINISCENCES OF Sri Sarada Devi by Monastics, Devotees, and others - Compiled and Edited in Bengali by SWAMI PURNATMANANDA - Translated by MALOTI SEN GUPTA : P 64-65)

Re: 10-March-2012 (Saturday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

This is a rich lesson today!

Jai Ma!