Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
11-March-2012 (Sunday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

11-March-2012 (Sunday)
Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

SWAMI APURVANANDA - 27

The year was 1920. I learned from Mahapurush Maharaj’s letter that Mother was lying critically ill. Immediately a yearning to see Mother possessed me and I wrote to Mahapurush Maharaj praying for permission to return to the Math. In reply he granted permission, also sending me the train fare, with the comment that in the interest of my health it would have been prudent to remain there a little longer. “However, in view of your intense longing to see Mother, you may return,” he added.

Soon afterwards, I returned to the Math and visited Mother’s House the very next day for her darshan. But on account of the grave condition of Mother’s health, darshan etc. had been suspended. Nevertheless, having come from the Math I was given special permission by revered Sharat Maharaj to see Mother and offer pranam from distance, and I had to return to the Math content with that and a detailed report of her condition. Unable to touch Mother’s feet, or exchange even one word with her, I came back with a heavy heart. Thoughts of the days spent in Mother’s company at Jayrambati, of informal chats with her, of touching her feet in salutation and so on, flooded my memory.

(REMINISCENCES OF Sri Sarada Devi by Monastics, Devotees, and others - Compiled and Edited in Bengali by SWAMI PURNATMANANDA - Translated by MALOTI SEN GUPTA : P 64-65)