Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
13-March-2012 (Tuesday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

13-March-2012 (Tuesday)
Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

SWAMI APURVANANDA - 29

One day when I went to offer pranam to Mahapurush Maharaj after returning from Udbodhan, he enquired about Mother’s health. After giving him an account of her medical treatment, diet and such things, when I told him that she had passed a sleepless night, tossing and turning on her bed due to a burning sensation all over her body, tears welled up in his eyes. In a tremulous voice he said, “Alas, it is by absorbing the sins of others that she is so ill today. It is that poison which is consuming her body. Drawing into herself the sins of hundreds of her sons, she is absolving them of all evil. The grace of the Master and that of the Mother are one and the same. After giving up his mortal body, Master continues to dwell within Mother. This is the last birth of all those who have received Mother’s grace. Mother, O Mother, what great sufferings you have taken on yourself for the sake of the devotees!”

“Master had told me one day, ‘She who lives in Nahabat, and Bhavatarini in the temple – are one and the same.’ At that time I could little grasp the significance of these words. He spoke, and hearing him, I was amazed. He who had had darshan of Mother will be liberated. Is obtaining Mother’s darshan a matter of ordinary luck?” Overcome with emotion his voice choked into silence.

(REMINISCENCES OF Sri Sarada Devi by Monastics, Devotees, and others - Compiled and Edited in Bengali by SWAMI PURNATMANANDA - Translated by MALOTI SEN GUPTA : P 67)