Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
21-March-2012 (Wednesday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

(This picture depicts Maa feeding her dacoit son Amjad whom she equally loved as her monastic son Sarat - Swami Saradananda)

21-March-2012 (Wednesday)
Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

SWAMI SATSWARUPANANDA - 06

That afternoon I sat for prasad in the veranda adjoining Mother’s room along with other devotees. Being a newcomer, and also shy by nature, I had taken my seat at the very end of the row of diners. Just as food began to be served, I saw Mother come and stand at the door of her room, one hand resting on the doorframe. With such tenderness she watched us eating! Once again I saw in her the manifestation of that reassuring aspect which allays fear, as I had during my initiation. I was eating with my head bent. Suddenly someone brought me a bowl of rice pudding saying, “Mother has sent this for you.” Looking up, I heard Mother murmuring, “Eat it up, son, eat all of it.” I was hardly in a condition to eat then, struggling to hold back the tears that Mother’s divine love and spontaneous compassion had drawn to my eyes. My voice choked with an upsurge of emotion, and I felt a little embarrassed at this special treatment in the midst of all others. Little by little, I ate up all the prasad. This unforgettable incident of that memorable day of my life still shines bright in the treasure house of my memory.

(REMINISCENCES OF Sri Sarada Devi by Monastics, Devotees, and others - Compiled and Edited in Bengali by SWAMI PURNATMANANDA - Translated by MALOTI SEN GUPTA : P 72-73)