Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
23-March-2012 (Friday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

23-March-2012 (Friday)
Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

SWAMI SATSWARUPANANDA - 08

Early in the year 1920, Mother’s health began to fail. In March, she was brought to Udbodhan for medical treatment. I received a letter from Jnan Maharaj who was at Kolkata saying that Mother was critically ill and that if I wished to have her darshan, it would be better I did not delay. Immediately after getting the letter, I came to Kolkata in early July and put up at a house in Shyambazar. I went to Udbodhan at a suitable hour for Mother’s darshan. Mother’s condition was very serious then; she was completely bedridden. Only darshan and pranam were permitted. One could have her darshan at fixed hours in the company of groups of devotees. At Udbodhan Mother’s lifestyle seemed different. The mantle of divinity concealed that free, relaxed manner of Jayrambati. I don’t remember having spoken to her at all during this visit.

(REMINISCENCES OF Sri Sarada Devi by Monastics, Devotees, and others - Compiled and Edited in Bengali by SWAMI PURNATMANANDA - Translated by MALOTI SEN GUPTA : P 73-74)