Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
24-March-2012 (Saturday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

24-March-2012 (Saturday)
Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

SWAMI SATSWARUPANANDA - 09

I had my last darshan of Mother after she gave up her mortal body. Immediately upon hearing the news of her demise, I rushed next morning to offer my last salutation at her feet. All day long I lingered close to the divine body till its oblation in the sacred fire at Belur Math.

I am rather unemotional by nature. I had heard monks and devotees say, and believed it too, that Brahma-shakti (Primordial Energy) had manifested itself in Mother’s body and was engaged in divine play as the Mother of the Universe. But I myself had not as yet sensed any such thing; only Mother’s love, and her face imbued with an indefinable, ethereal expression were deeply etched on my mind. It was a rare face, so it seemed to me. Mother’s biography mentions a woman devotee in Varanasi who had mistaken Golap-ma for Mother in the presence of Mother herself. Golap-ma had scolded her, and pointing to Mother, had said, “Take a good look! Do humans possess such a face?” I felt the same. Whenever I had a chance to see Mother’s face, my only thought was – do mortals have such a face!

(REMINISCENCES OF Sri Sarada Devi by Monastics, Devotees, and others - Compiled and Edited in Bengali by SWAMI PURNATMANANDA - Translated by MALOTI SEN GUPTA : P 74)