Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
26-March-2012 (Monday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

26-March-2012 (Monday)
Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

SWAMI GAURISWARANANDA - 01

My first darshan of Mother was in 1915 when I was a student of class VII at school. To tell the truth, it was a slight disappointment to me. I had imagined Mother as seated on a beautifully decorated throne with attendants flanking her on both sides and fanning her with chamars. On the contrary, I found her living in a small mud-hut with thatched roof. What’s more, I saw Mother herself sweeping the courtyard with a broom. Not a little dismayed, I accosted revered Jnan-da1 (In Bengali, to address an elder brother, the suffix ‘da’ is used with that person’s name, which means ‘brother’) and Gopesh-da, whom I had accompanied, with a query, “Isn’t there anyone to help Mother by doing this trivial work for her? They replied, “Keep paying regular visits, it will all be clear to you.” Catching sight of us, Mother said, “Wait a little while, my sons, after getting this done, I shall wash my hands and sit, and then you can offer pranams.” We stood by till Mother put the broom away, washed her hands and sat on her bed. One by one, we touched her feet. Meanwhile, I noticed a girl lying on Mother’s bed, much to my dislike. I asked my companions, “Who is this girl? Why is she lying on Mother’s bed? Can’t she make her bed on the floor and lie down there?” Revered Jnan-da quickly silenced me saying, “Be quiet, in time you will come to know everything.” That girl was Radhu, Mother’s beloved niece.

(REMINISCENCES OF Sri Sarada Devi by Monastics, Devotees, and others - Compiled and Edited in Bengali by SWAMI PURNATMANANDA - Translated by MALOTI SEN GUPTA : P 76)

Re: 26-March-2012 (Monday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

Satwik ji,

Mother is looking so imperious and Radhu is looking so mischievous in that excellent photo. Thanks for sharing...

Thanks brother,
The imperious Mahamayi and the mischievous Maya indeed!!!
Jai Maa!!!

Jai Ma!!