Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
27-March-2012 (Tuesday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

Swami Gauriswaranandaji... Maa's beloved child, Rammoy...

27-March-2012 (Tuesday)
Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

SWAMI GAURISWARANANDA - 02

As soon as I touched her feet after my companions had, Mother asked, “Who is this boy?” They replied, “He is a student from Badangunj School.” At that Mother remarked, “Prabodh’s pupil, then?” The name of our Headmaster was Prabodh Chandra Chattopadhyay. I wondered how Mother knew our Headmaster. Then it struck me that Mother knows him because he is a learned and knowledgeable man in that province. Later I learned that our Headmaster and his wife had both received initiation from Mother.

After Mother’s darshan, when we were about to return home, Mother said affectionately, “Come again, son.” Ever since, every Saturday I yearned to go to Jayrambati and see Mother. When going to school on Saturdays, I used to take with me a dhoti, a towel, and the books needed on Monday. As soon as school was over, I would set out for Jayrambati. After a few such visits, I became quite familiar with Mother.

(REMINISCENCES OF Sri Sarada Devi by Monastics, Devotees, and others - Compiled and Edited in Bengali by SWAMI PURNATMANANDA - Translated by MALOTI SEN GUPTA : P 77)