Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
28-March-2012 (Wednesday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

Swami Gauriswaranandaji - Rammoy Maharaj...

28-March-2012 (Wednesday)
Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

SWAMI GAURISWARANANDA - 03

Mother was unusually bashful by nature. Though she called Swamiji, Raja Maharaj, Sharat Maharaj, Mahapurush Maharaj and all of them as her “sons”, yet she would veil her face before them and speak to them in whispers from within the veil. Often Yogin-ma or Golap-ma would repeat her words aloud. After saluting Mother, Sharat Maharaj would come out on the veranda and grumble, “As if I am her father-in-law!” Being short for my age, I appeared younger than I was. So Mother did not veil herself before me, and thus, I had the good fortune to have a full view of her face. Besides, Mother’s legs were rheumatic and I had the additional good luck to massage her legs with medicated oil. At such times, I observed that the soles of Mother’s feet were extraordinarily tender and had a rosy tinge to them. Yet it was on foot that she used to cover the distance between Dakshineswar and Kamarpukur or Jayrambati, back and forth. Never in her life did she use shoes or slippers. One day, while massaging her leg with oil, it occurred to me that if Mother’s rheumatism could be relocated from her leg to mine, and thereby, she gets cured, what a great joy that would be. Accordingly, I placed my hand on Mother’s leg, and just as I touched the elbow of the same arm to my knee, Mother kissed me by touching my chin and remonstrated, “What a shame, for you to have such ideas! May you all live long; you have to accomplish such a great deal of Master’s work. I am an old woman; my days are numbered, isn’t it so?”

(REMINISCENCES OF Sri Sarada Devi by Monastics, Devotees, and others - Compiled and Edited in Bengali by SWAMI PURNATMANANDA - Translated by MALOTI SEN GUPTA : P 77-78)

Re: 28-March-2012 (Wednesday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

Thank you for sharing these, Shri Satwik, both the wonderful reminiscences and the equally wonderful photographs.

Ankur