Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
01-April-2012 (Sunday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

01-April-2012 (Sunday)
Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!
SWAMI GAURISWARANANDA - 07

I had a passion for gardening right from my childhood. However, at that time I lacked my present skill, such as growing roses of many different hues on the same tree. In Jayrambati sometimes Mother did not have any flower to worship with. She would offer only tulsi leaves, durva, bel leaves and sandalwood paste to the Master addressing him, “Master, not a single flower could be procured today, be pleased to accept these.” I had planted some flowering trees – jasmine, red oleander, marigold, hibiscus and several such others. How delighted Mother was with those flowers. One day I discovered Mother digging at the roots of the jasmine tree after her afternoon rest. I snatched the spade from her hands saying, “I shall attend to this, you don’t have to do it.” She said, “Sure, it’s you who do everything. Because I am very fond of jasmine, and now that it is the season for these flowers to bloom, I was digging the soil so that it can be watered well.” When the first oleanders blossomed, she did not let anyone pick the flowers, even for worship. She would say, “Let Rammoy come and see how beautifully his tree has blossomed! He himself will pluck the flowers, only then shall I offer them to the Master.” Such boundless love! On Saturday as soon as I came and greeted Mother, she led me by the hand to the tree and exclaimed, “Look, such beautiful flower your tree has borne! Such sweet fragrance too!” She handed me a basket. I gathered the flowers and brought them to her, only then she worshipped Master with them.

(REMINISCENCES OF Sri Sarada Devi by Monastics, Devotees, and others - Compiled and Edited in Bengali by SWAMI PURNATMANANDA - Translated by MALOTI SEN GUPTA : P 81-82)

Re: 01-April-2012 (Sunday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

I am hoping to procure a hisbicus bush to place in front of my door in honor of Holy Mother. Today, I must go to the store to get an onion and going to make the pumpkin curry (using canned pumpkin). It is so wonderful to see these photographs and to have the stories of Jayrambati. Mother loved living in her home village so much. These stories are a blessing.

Re: 01-April-2012 (Sunday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

Dear Rosemary, all her disciples have mentioned that Mother loved Jayrambati so much. And it was in these homely surroundings that her child-attitude came out most. It is said that for Mother Jayrambati was a paternal and maternal place but Calcutta was like in-laws place... so nice that you are placing hibiscus.. also plant Jasmine (Mother liked those too)... As for the pumpkin curry... I am sure it would come out wonderful... enjoy the delicacy that our grandmother liked...