Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 02-April-2012 (Monday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

I have learned that "amalaki" is known here as Indian Gooseberry, so I will be looking on how to find this tea to drink. Since learning of Mother's attention to the tulsi plant I have also been paying attention and trying to drink the tea made of Holy Basil on a daily basis. It has been a great blessing to have the video of the pilgrimage to Kamaparpukur and Jayrambati available to watch arati's and to hear the bhajans. I am so in the dark over here in America, but I am trying to learn the details.

My Indian lunch was very good yesterday. I added some poppadoms and Bombay Mango Chutney as accroutements and the lunch was simply delicious.

The mango chutney was chosen in honor of the living mango tree that Sri Ramakrishna planted outside the door of his parental home.

Jai Ma! With much thanks.

My dear sister is truly getting Indianized... Is it Maa's maya, that Maa is showing you the way you would have lived if you were in India? You are indeed a beloved child of Thakur-Maa...

Dear Brother Satwik ji,

Thank you for your kind words. Indeed, the two Holy Villages seem very familiar to me!!

Would that I could live in Jayrambati under the roof of a small thatched hut and spin my days worshipping amongst the living Gods and Goddesses there!!

Yours,
Rosemary