Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ma, for you (What your children told me) Part-II

Thank you, Sister Rosemary.

With regards,

Ankur

Dear Ankur,

Perhaps I should explain myself better, if I can. These things are so hard to verbalize!! From my studies, I have learned how important the Goddess Jagadatri was in Holy Mother's family. She seems to hold the key to keeping the mind in control. She also was so very personal and important to Mother's family. It seems to me that it would be well worth for all to seek her protection, but most of all, worthwhile to those devoted to Holy Mother...

...at her wonderful feet...
Rosemary

Dear Sister Rosemary,

Thank you for your post. I have read your other recent posts in Mother's Courtyard, and admire your devotion to the Holy Mother. Please continue in that. All of us are trying (myself I feel the least or sometimes not at all!) in our own different and unique ways to please Holy Mother, to make Her happy, for in that we, Her children, feel happy ourselves. I hope to soon type for you and post in Mother's Courtyard a beautiful story that Swami Lokeswarananda Ji has mentioned in his book of commentary on the Gospel of Shri Ramakrishna, which will further make you feel how right you are in your devotional approach to Holy Mother.

Having said this much, let me tell very briefly about my approach a little. Even as I tell this I once again thank you for your post which shows your concern for your brethren and love for Holy Mother. I regard Shri Ramakrishna and the Holy Mother to be One, or sometimes as two aspects of the One Existence, Knowledge, Bliss (Satchidananda), and following the specific input from my Guru Swami Bhuteshananda, who had bowed at Holy Mother's feet once, and is Swami Saradananda's disciple, I regard Holy Mother as Sarva Deva Devi Swarupa, i.e., as the embodiment of all Gods and Goddesses. As such, by the Grace of the Guru, who is none other than Holy Mother, I am given to perceive Holy Mother at whichever shrine and embodiment of the Divine Mother I bow to. In this connection I am giving here the brief account of my visit to one such shrine just the other day (I had sent you the account, albeit without the last few lines, which are of relevance here).
We went to the temple of the Divine Mother at Chhatarpur on 1 April, 2012. And had afternoon prasada there. About One Hundred Thousand people are fed there everyday during the Navaratri puja time without any charge whatsoever. Surely the Holy Man was blessed by Her, the Divine Mother, to be able to erect the vast temple complex to the Divine Mother at Chhatarpur. And the whole vast multitude of people were so peaceful, so orderly without any sort of external management, and so accommodating; so were the volunteers who served food, etc.
And I saw Ma, i.e., Sarada Ma, in all the vigrahas of the Divine Mother. She taught me the secret. Look at the eyes, and Ma appears there. Of course, in the Durga vigraha, I was defeated, for I had become complacent by then of seeing Ma. But as I left acknowledging defeat, Ma showed Herself again! And it was not I but Bhuteshananda Ji... .

Having said all this, dear Sister Rosemary, I am sincerely grateful to you once again for your concern and kindness. Indeed, I myself do wish so dearly to have self-control, peace, and love for Holy Mother, Shri Ramakrishna, Swami Ji, Swami Saradananda Ji, Shivananda Ji, my Gurudeva and other children of Shri Shri Thakur and Ma. I await their Grace.

With humble regards,

Ankur

Very well said, Ankur!!

Satwik ji, and Sisters Rosemary, and Jayanti, heartfelt namaskars to you all.
I am an initiated devotee, and recently stumbled on your chat room. I want to convey my gratitude for the many wondeful conversations, video links,daily quotes, and for sharing your memories in the 'Stories your children told me' thread. Most of all, thank you for your dedication in creating and maintaining this site.
Thank you again and Jai Ma!
Sincerely
Srinivas Somayajula

I meant Ankur Acharyaji, for 'What your children told me'
Srinivas