Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
15-April-2012 (Sunday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

15-April-2012 (Sunday)
Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

SWAMI GAURISWARANANDA - 21

The author of Sri Ramakrishna Punthi, revered Akshay Kumar Sen, used to say, “Consider this, brother – Master was my Guru, all in all to me. But Mother’s affection is such that if I remember Master two-hundred times a day, I call Mother to mind a thousand times. Master is, as it were, the fierce sun, and Mother, the gentle, soothing moon. But mind you, even such an affectionate Mother does not interfere with our prarabdha. This body will have to experience the effects resulting therefrom.” Then he recounted an incident. He said, “One day Umesh and I went to have Mother’s darshan. In the course of conversation, quite artlessly and simply, Mother pointed to the tip of her finger and said, ‘In his old age Akshay has to suffer a little.’ At that time I thought nothing of it. Later, at home, the more I thought about it, the more I was in agony. A few days later Umesh visited Mother again. I sent a message through him saying that the mention of suffering in my old age was causing me a great deal of worry and prayed to Mother to bless me so that it might be avoided. But even then Mother had said, ‘There will be just a little suffering,’ See, she didn’t say, ‘There won’t be any suffering,’ did she? And you can very well see what that ‘little suffering’ meant!” Akshay Kumar Sen has suffered a great deal in his last days. But day and night he used to speak only of Master and Mother. He used to tell me about many things, and then he would add, “Now it is enough to keep only this in mind that since Mother has bestowed her grace on you, some day full realization will come to you. Then you will recall – why, that old man had been quite right about everything he had said!”*

* Sources: Tape-recorded reminiscences compiled and transcribed by the compiler, and Memoirs of Swami Gauriswarananda published in the souvenir of the fifth annual festival published in the souvenir of the fifth annual festival of Bidhannagar Ramakrishna-Vivekananda of Bidhannagar Ramakrishna-Vivekananda Kendra (Kolkata 700 064). The complete Kendra (Kolkata 700 064). The complete reminiscence, arranged and edited by the compiler, was included in SS (Shatarupe Saradda) also.

(REMINISCENCES OF Sri Sarada Devi by Monastics, Devotees, and others - Compiled and Edited in Bengali by SWAMI PURNATMANANDA - Translated by MALOTI SEN GUPTA : P 91-92)