Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
19-April-2012 (Thursday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

19-April-2012 (Thursday)
Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

HOLY MOTHER – A TALK - 04
SWAMI ASESHANANDA

Brahmachari Rasbehari, who served Holy Mother in the Udbodhan as well as in Jayrambati, came to the office room where I was seated and said, “Those who want to see the Mother should follow me.” He advised us not to speak to Mother, but only to prostrate, touch her feet and return down by another staircase. So I followed him, came before Mother, who was veiled, prostrated myself, touched her feet, and proceeded down the stairs. Seeing me Swami Dhirananda enquired, “Did you ask Mother to shower her grace upon you, to accept you and give you initiation?” I said, “Maharaj, I was not permitted to speak.” Then the swami called, “Rasbehari, you take this boy to Holy Mother, tell her that he goes to Maharaj and that she should kindly shower her grace upon him.” Knowing that Rasbehari was a little orthodox, he explained that I was a brahmin boy, coming from a good family, that I was studying in college, etc. So I was permitted to see Mother again. This time she had no veil. Mother said to me, “Why, my child, you go to Rakhal; Rakhal can give you initiation. He is entitled to give, so why ask me?” I had the good fortune to say, “Mother, if you shower your grace, I will consider it a great privilege. It will be God-send to me, my great fortune.” Then Mother remained silent and agreed saying, “All right, come after two days. Take your bath in the Ganges, do not take any breakfast, and come to the office room downstairs; wait there till I call you. I will perform the Master’s worship and will send someone to call you upstairs for initiation.”

(REMINISCENCES OF Sri Sarada Devi by Monastics, Devotees, and others - Compiled and Edited in Bengali by SWAMI PURNATMANANDA - Translated by MALOTI SEN GUPTA : P 95)