Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
27-April-2012 (Friday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

27-April-2012 (Friday)
Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

HOLY MOTHER – A TALK - 12
SWAMI ASESHANANDA

I joined the Order after Holy Mother’s mahasamadhi, and I had the privilege of serving Golap-ma and Yogin-ma, Holy Mother’s companions. I can say now that it was not easy to serve them. They were very exacting. One day I said to Golap-ma, “If I had joined the Order when Holy Mother was alive, I could have served her.” Then Golap-ma said, “Who could understand her? I have lived so close with her, and could not understand her.”She then related this incident to me, how one time she had heard from someone that Sri Ramakrishna left Dakshineswar and went to Shyampukur because Holy Mother was feeding him too much, which aggravated his illness. Holy Mother was then living in Nahabat at Dakshineswar. As soon as she heard that, she walked all the way to Sri Ramakrishna and asked him, “Is it a fact you are dissatisfied with my service, and the reason why you have come to Shyampukur? Stunned, Sri Ramakrishna said, “Who said that?” Then Holy Mother told him she had heard from so and so and that is Golap. “Let that brahmin woman come. I am going to teach her a lesson.” When Sri Ramakrishna would become angry, none could approach him. Then Golap-ma came next day. Sri Ramakrishna said to her, “Did you say that, did you? Go and ask for pardon. If she becomes dissatisfied you will have no place here.” Then he said, “Sarada-Saraswati, although she looks like Sarada, she is Divine Mother herself, the giver of knowledge and wisdom. She has come to impart wisdom, the knowledge of God, and to give illumination by her grace.” Golap-ma then told me she cried all the way from Shyampukur to Dakshineswar and fell at Holy Mother’s feet saying, “Mother, please forgive me. I heard from so and so, therefore I repeated. I should not have done that. Forgive me, Master has become very angry. He will not allow me to see him anymore until you pardon me.” Then Holy Mother patted her on the back saying, “Forget, forget. You are my daughter; a mother cannot be angry with her daughter. You tell Master I am quite pleased with you.” You see, Golap-ma was so frank and outspoken that she landed into difficulty. It was Sri Ramakrishna who opened Golap-ma’s eyes a little to Mother’s unique divine nature and caliber.

(REMINISCENCES OF Sri Sarada Devi by Monastics, Devotees, and others -
Compiled and Edited in Bengali by SWAMI PURNATMANANDA - Translated by MALOTI SEN GUPTA : P 100-101)

Re: 27-April-2012 (Friday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

Wonderful!