Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
28-April-2012 (Saturday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

28-April-2012 (Saturday)
Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

HOLY MOTHER – A TALK - 13
SWAMI ASESHANANDA

This spiritual knowledge which Holy Mother came to disseminate by the example of her life and experience is really beyond our faith or reason. Its nature is to awaken us from our “dogmatic slumber” or philosophy. Mother represents the Divine Wisdom that is born of transcendental experience wherein there is no distinction between subject and object. There comes a point where reason is unreason, and we realize that it cannot solve all problems. Reason divides between subject and object and further determines the categories of time, space and causation. Whatever we know through reason is coloured by the intellect. As long as we live in the world of time, space and causation, our knowledge is only partial and pragmatic. This is what is called Maya. It is not illusion. It means what is related to the state of consciousness. The West has accepted two traditions: one theological, and the other scientific. But these belong to the category of lower knowledge and not the Divine Knowledge which Holy Mother represents. Holy Mother’s life and spiritual experience transcend the realm of duality. Her life demonstrates what man must seek and how to seek it. Great teachers like Christ, Ramakrishna and Holy Mother come to live the life and make the experience of God real to mankind. We must try to live up to the spiritual ideal which these great luminaries present before us in their lives. Such great souls as Holy Mother come to give the supreme knowledge that the bounds of death can be crossed, to give the firm conviction that we can realize our true nature. Their lives are the highest blessings to mankind. Therefore, I believe, as long as we follow Holy Mother’s footprints and am true to the mantra she has given me out of her infinite grace, I will be able to do the work she has given me, at least to my own satisfaction. You see, unless a man is satisfied within himself, he cannot give real satisfaction to others. Only light can give light. And the Holy Mother being the Divine Mother Herself, gave this light for the sake of mankind and its attainment of Brahmajnana and liberation from relative existence.

(REMINISCENCES OF Sri Sarada Devi by Monastics, Devotees, and others -
Compiled and Edited in Bengali by SWAMI PURNATMANANDA - Translated by MALOTI SEN GUPTA : P 101-102)