Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
30-April-2012 (Monday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

30-April-2012 (Monday)
Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

HOLY MOTHER – A TALK - 15
SWAMI ASESHANANDA

It is because of Chandra that I became so very devoted to Swami Saradananda and dedicated to his service. Chandra told me one day that he went to Holy Mother and said to her in all sincerity, “Mother I want to serve you.” And Mother said, “No, my child, Sarala2 is there. (2Sarala later became Pravrajika Bharatiprana, the President of the Sarada Math.) But you go and serve my child Sharat. If you are loyal, steadfast and sincere in your service to him, you will attain brahmajnana. Anyone who will serve Sharat in such a manner will reach the highest.” And that is the reason why I did not like to go anywhere leaving Swami Saradananda. As long as this great soul allowed me to serve him, I wanted to be near him. The Swamis used to go to Allahabad for Kumbh Mela, and Swami Saradananda one time asked me if I would like to go, that many Swamis would assemble there. I said, “Maharaj, I am quite content here, I do not want to go anywhere.”

(REMINISCENCES OF Sri Sarada Devi by Monastics, Devotees, and others -
Compiled and Edited in Bengali by SWAMI PURNATMANANDA - Translated by MALOTI SEN GUPTA : P 103-104)