Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
01-May-2012 (Tuesday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

Revered Swami Saradanandaji

01-May-2012 (Tuesday)
Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

HOLY MOTHER – A TALK* - 16
SWAMI ASESHANANDA

To me Swami Saradananda was like mother – my mother. It was due to Mother’s grace that the distance between Swami Saradananda and myself was removed, and he allowed me the great fortune to serve him. You see, the first day I went to see Holy Mother, Swami Saradananda scolded me strongly for being careless, leaving my shoes at the threshold. I thereby became much afraid of Swami Saradananda and would avoid meeting him. But I would pray to Mother to remove this fear when I would go to the shrine. Then, suddenly, one day the Swami called me and asked, “Would you be able to write letters for me?” I said, “Yes, Maharaj.” “But one thing,” he said, “Do not disclose anything you write even to your best friend.” I said, “Maharaj, if I be disloyal to your trust, then you can fire me.” But I kept my promise. If anyone asked me any question, I would keep silence. When one of Swami Saradananda’s disciple complained and requested the Swami to write the letter himself, he said, “But I am writing through a person who will not let out a single word, even at the cost of his life.” Then I thought, “Well, how does he know that?” You see, trust begets trust.

(REMINISCENCES OF Sri Sarada Devi by Monastics, Devotees, and others -
Compiled and Edited in Bengali by SWAMI PURNATMANANDA - Translated by MALOTI SEN GUPTA : P 104)

Re: 01-May-2012 (Tuesday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

I once heard an aphorism that it is better to be trusted than to be loved. I wonder if this is true.
Very interesting post today, as always! Thank you.

Rosemary

Re: 01-May-2012 (Tuesday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

I believe love begins with trust.... trust...faith...love that's how the channel goes...