Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Heading to New York

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Tomorrow night I am heading with a group of New Bernians up to New York City via a charter bus. It will take 10 hours to get there. We will sleep on the bus Friday night and be in NYC on Saturday morning. I will be with tourists and it will be hard to accomplish any thing of interest, but I am hoping to at least see some of the places where Swamiji lived and breathed during his year of 1899. I have listed several addresses as pertains to his letter writing. God only knows if I will see any of these places nor if the dwellings still exist. I am just so glad to be able to breathe in a place where Vivekananda once breathed.

We will visit the Memorial at the World Trade Center, the Empire State Building and a Jewish Delicatessen.

We also hope to make it to Strawberry Fields and the
Dakota where John Lennon lived and died.

I hope to see what Vivekananda may have seen there. There will be many changes for sure.

Will fill you in (hopefully with pictures) later.

Jai Ma!
Rosemary

Re: Heading to New York

Also, just sharing my thoughts before I leave for my trip. The following quote by Mrs. Sevier seems important to me!

"Through the generosity of the Seviers, the Swami, as will be seen, established the Advaita Ashrama at Mayavati, an almost inaccessible place in the Himalayas, for the training of the disciples, both Eastern and Western, in the contemplation of the Impersonal Godhead. After Captain Sevier's death at Mayavati Mrs. Sevier lived there for fifteen years busying herself with the education of the children of the neighbouring hills. Once Miss MacLeod asked her,

'Do you not get bored?'

'I think of him,' she replied, referring to Swami Vivekananda."

http://www.ramakrishnavivekananda.info/vivekananda_biography/09_experiences.htm

Have a nice trip sister... and may Swamiji bless you...that you can see those places associated with Swamiji's stay in NYC..
Jai Maa...

Dear Sister Rosemary,

Have a great trip!