Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
28-May-2012 (Monday) Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

28-May-2012 (Monday)
Reminiscences of The Holy Mother!!!

THE HOLY MOTHER : OUR ETERNAL HAVEN - 26
SISTER NIVEDITA

The Holy Mother looks young, joyfull and full of activity, yet she is over 65 (55). I look older and am not 45! (LSN, To Josephine MacLeod, 8/9/1909, Vol. 2, 1982, p. 1004) It is beautiful to go in to her – sitting with her ladies round her – in the evenings. Her voice is as young and her laugh as happy as 11 years ago and every movement is beautiful. Nor is there a grey hair yet… (LSN, To Josephine MacLeod, 29/9/1909, Vol. 2, 1982, p. 1014.)

When Holy Mother goes to her village everything seems empty in Calcutta. When she is here I go and bathe her feet. I bring back blessings from that safe shrine… (LSN, To Josephine MacLeod, 8/12/1904, Vol. 2, 1982, p. 973.). Our Holy Mother as we call her is only a simple Hindu woman, and yet, as I think, the greatest woman in the world today. (LSN, To Mrs. Ratcliffe, 2/9/1903, Vol. 2, 1982, p. 585) She is so girlish and young with full of life and brightness…she is always the same. Oh, what a comfort, the one person who never changes, ideal Hindu, ideal disciple, ideal woman of all place and time. (LSN, To Josephine MacLeod, 1904, Vol. 2, 1982, p. 646) When she is here, one has a home. (LSN, To Josephine MacLeod, 3/3/1904, Vol. 2, 1982, p. 633)

(REMINISCENCES OF Sri Sarada Devi by Monastics, Devotees, and others -
Compiled and Edited in Bengali by SWAMI PURNATMANANDA - Translated by MALOTI SEN GUPTA: P 118)