Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Subramaniya Bharathi, Sister Nivedita and Shri Aurobindo

I am sorry to learn that we share a common experience, dear and respected Brother Tom, but from my observation I have found that such is not the case generally. Indeed, considering my case to be a rare and almost single one, I have been puzzled as to what deep lapses in my karmic record has caused me to face retribution from a women such as I have been facing from my wife.

Ankur

Dear Brothers,

My marriage was a failure, too. As it happens, I am now visiting the place where my unhappy marriage stood it's only distance of 4 years. The memories here do not seem so bad. The marriage was a mistake from the beginning, or was it? Are there really ever any "accidents"? I am of the opinion that everything is meant to be. How else can we bear the burdens of life?

I found a 5 set volume of the Complete Works of Sister Nivedita in a very wonderful rare bookstore.
He offered me a price of $100 for the set, but I'm not sure that I care as much about her "works" as I do about her letters. I think I will hold out.

My week has been much like Holy Mother and her relations in that I am bearing the brunt of jealous rages over the rapport that I share with my nephew, a challenged boy of 20, who my relationship could be compared to Holy Mother's relationship as caretaker of Radhu.

Jai Ma

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Rosemary
Dear Brothers,

My marriage was a failure, too. As it happens, I am now visiting the place where my unhappy marriage stood it's only distance of 4 years. The memories here do not seem so bad. The marriage was a mistake from the beginning, or was it? Are there really ever any "accidents"? I am of the opinion that everything is meant to be. How else can we bear the burdens of life?

I agree, sister Rosemary...there are no mistakes.

I have three wonderful offspring...and my ex-wife and I are both dwelling happily within them...even though we were unable to dwell happily together otherwise...

"In the year 1878 Keshab married his daughter to the Maharaja of Cooch-Behar, before she reached the age limit of fourteen as laid down by himself in the laws of the Brahmo Samaj. This made a great stir in the Samaj, and a section of the Brahmos seceded from him and founded a new party called Sadharan Prahmo Samaj.
Sri Ramakrishna was sorry for this schism, and is said to have remarked, "Birth, death, and marriage are
things that depend upon the will of God. Keshab made a mistake in trying to put hard and fast restrictions upon marriage."

p.208, "Life of Sri Ramakrishna"

Ankur
I am sorry to learn that we share a common experience, dear and respected Brother Tom, but from my observation I have found that such is not the case generally. Indeed, considering my case to be a rare and almost single one, I have been puzzled as to what deep lapses in my karmic record has caused me to face retribution from a women such as I have been facing from my wife.

Ankur

Unfortunately, we have no way of knowing if this is not the case generally, because most couples reserve their mutual unpleasantness for when they are behind closed doors...

Even Lord Shiva Himself faced terrible ordeals with his beloved wife, Kali.

Life is full of ups and downs, dear sister Rosemary and brother Tom...
Thakur-Maa always test their devotees for faith and devotion and it is the same with all of us. Inspite of all the hardships, those with real faith and devotion surpass these happenings... as Saint Tulasidas puts... where these Ram how can there misfortune be... and looking back we find that thing was just a "happening"good or bad we don't know...
Wishing your sister a speedy recovery, Rosemary..
Jai Maa!!!