Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
08-January-2015 (Thursday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

08-January-2015 (Thursday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

A Scene on a Pithey Sankranti Day – 01

If no boy disciple of hers was present at the house, the Mother felt a great blank in her heart, and as a consequence she would be often looking towards the road, watching whether any disciple was arriving. On one Uttarayana Sankranti day, when the Mother was awaiting the arrival of some one, there came a son of hers in the morning with several things for her. The Mother, who was till then in low spirits, now became full of joy. She welcomed her son with great affection and said: “ This is an important day – Pithey Sankranti. We have already cooked Pitheys (a kind of cookies). But there was no boy present. How sad I have been feeling! I was simply coming out of the room and going in again, watching whether any one was coming. It is so nice that you have come at last.” Just then another boy also arrived. The Mother’s joy knew no bounds. She performed the worship of the Master on that holy day with the flowers the boys had brought, offering them to the Lord to her heart's content.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami  Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 92-93]