Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
09-January-2014 (Friday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

09-January-2014 (Friday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
A Scene on a Pithey Sankranti Day – 02

Knowing as she did the innermost longing of the boys, she had kept aside some flowers for them to offer individually at the feet of their Guru. After the worship, they liked to make flower offerings at her feet. The Mother was ever mindful of their welfare – of their attainment of higher and higher stages of devotion and realisation. As soon as she finished the worship, she sat on a cot facing the west. Her face, beaming with joy, compassion and motherly affection, and hallowed by the sheen of divine knowledge, threw into insignificance the beauty of a fresh lotus blossom reflecting the rays of the morning sun. No doubt the beauty of the latter is charming, but a moment’s look at the Mother’s face would melt any hard heart and fill one scorched by grief with joy divine to the brim. A moment’s look at it would fill the whole man with an instantaneous sense of fulfilment – a feeling that one had gained the treasure one was looking for in vain elsewhere.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 93]