Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
12-January-2015 (Monday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

12-January-2015 (Monday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
A Scene on a Pithey Sankranti Day – 05

They were watching it with bated breath. On a small carpet, the Mother had placed the Master’s picture and the image of the Baby Krishna. With great devotion and reverence the Mother first worshipped the Master as the Guru and the Ishta. After that, filled with a tender maternal feeling she bathed, decorated and fed Gopala (the Baby Krishna). The boys were watching with deep attention the manifestation of various moods in the Mother’s expression in the course of worship. And they saw in her the veritable form of a Goddess when at the close of worship she sat in deep meditation with her hands resting on her lap. It was with that highly elevated feeling produced by all these sights that they now proceeded to make flower offerings are her feet on being called to do so. The Mother had selected for each the type of flower he liked best, and with these they made offerings at her feet with great fervour and received her blessings.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 94]