Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
14-January-2014 (Wednesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda A Scene on a Pithey Sankran

14-January-2014 (Wednesday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
A Scene on a Pithey Sankranti Day – 07

Of the two boys, one hailed from East Bengal (now Bangladesh), and the other was a local but was now staying at some distance. Both of them had known each other in their early days, and this day they met by chance at the Mother’s place after a long time.

Addressing the boy from East Bengal, the Mother says in her sweet voice: “Son, the villagers here are accustomed to eat such Pitheys. Where can they get better things? They are poor. So they eat whatever they can prepare from the produce of their fields. It is coarse food no doubt; but it is easily digestible. Eat your fill. It will not cause you any harm.” The Mother knows that those who hail from East Bengal eat well and are fastidious in their food habits – hence all this explanation.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 94]