Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
17-January-2015 (Saturday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

17-January-2015 (Saturday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The feud between Nalini-Didi and Chhota-Mami – 02

Now Chhota-Mami, though crazy, was shrewd enough to be convinced that as the Mother was bringing up Radhu, she alone had a right to all the belongings of the Mother and to her affection too. Why then Nalini and Maku be there, mere burdens on the establishment, and why should the Mother bestow so much care and affection on them? Nalini-Didi, on the other hand, thought otherwise. Being the daughter of the eldest among the Mother’s brothers, she was the eldest niece and therefore, the first child of the family. The Mother had brought her up too; and her younger sister Maku, who lost her mother in infancy, was also a niece of hers, even like Radhu. They all had an equal claim on the Mother’s love and affection. So, why should Radhu get more? The Mother, however, showed the same love to all her nephews and nieces, and took care of them all alike. But due to certain special reasons, her responsibility for Radhu was total, and her attachment for her was also intense.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) –
Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 95]