Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
​23-January-2015 (Friday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

​23-January-2015 (Friday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Nalini-Didi’s Pollution Phobia – 04

The night advanced but she did not get up. She went on sitting the same way and started shedding tears of sorrow. The Mother called her and expostulated with her. The others too tried to reason with her. But all that was of no avail. So they all took their food and retired for the night. Disgusted with Nalini-Didi’s attitude, they entreated the Mother, before they went to bed, not to trouble herself with this Nalini any more, so that she would be taught a lesson that night. It would do her good they, said. The pique and sorrow of Nalini-Didi only increased, and off and on she burst into loud cries, lamenting, “I have nobody t look after me. I could not get a welcome at my husband’s place. So I came to my father’s household. The father has married a second time. There is a step-mother now reigning there. So how could I stay on there? I have my Pisi-Ma, who loves me and has taken me as her own. But the others here have become jealous of me. It is gradually getting difficult for me to continue living here too. How hard-hearted the Lord is! The whole of my life will thus be spent in sorrow alone.” She would then keep quiet for a littlewhile and then start her lamentations again.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) –
Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 98]