Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
​25-January-2015 (Sunday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

​25-January-2015 (Sunday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Nalini-Didi’s Pollution Phobia – 06

A ‘son’ of the Mother was hearing all this and thought within himself: “When we become angry with another, we generally think that the other person is intentionally working against us and putting us into trouble. But lo! here the Mother is herself trying to find out some justification for the conduct of the misbehaving person and excuse her. How she is ready to grant that the girl misbehaves because her mind is undeveloped and not due to any perversity! It is not her fault. She is after all an undeveloped child, though an adult by age. Can a child be accused of doing wrong?”

The Mother now comes near Nalini and pacifies her with sweet words and heartfelt sympathy. Nalini too responds. Her sorrowful mood departs, she changes her clothes, takes her food, and goes to sleep. The Mother too feels happy. Numerous were such complicated situations in which the Mother brought peace and harmony by her extreme patience and sympathy.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) –
Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 98-99]