Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
​31-January-2015 (Saturday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

​31-January-2015 (Saturday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Some Public Criticism of the Mother – 02

A disciple of the Mother used to collect various articles required by her and bring them in heavy loads across a distance of over three miles. On the way he often used to meet a certain gentleman residing in a way-side village. One day when the boy was carrying a rather very heavy load, this gentleman saw him on the way, and bemoaning the fate of the young man, burst out, “How crazy this boy has become!” Reaching his destination, the boy placed the load before the Mother and displayed before her the various articles he had brought for her. The Mother was very much pleased, blessed him, and made enquiries about his welfare. In the course of conversation, the boy spoke to her about the disparaging remarks of the gentleman on the way, on seeing him carrying a heavy load. The Mother’s face at once became grave and she said: “Men of this type are steeped in worldliness. They cannot understand and appreciate any kind of spiritual service. They never acquire love for the Lord. They come into the world, undergo all its sufferings, die, and are born again in new bodies to repeat the same kind of experiences ad infinitum. Only the Lord’s mercy can liberate them in some life at a distant future.” The boy listened to the Mother in utter astonishment.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) –
Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 100-101]