Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
02-February-2015 (Monday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

02-February-2015 (Monday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Women Visitors to the Mother’s House – 02

Manindra Babu, a lawyer of Arambagh, was a great devotee of Sri Ramakrishna. In his school days he was blessed enough to get the company of ‘M’, the author of the Sri Sri Ramakrishna Kathamrita (the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna). ‘M’ loved him and had great faith in him. He was for some time amanuensis of ‘M’ when he produced the third part of his great work, the Kathamrita. This was a high distinction and a recognition of his intellectual and spiritual maturity. M’s way of production of the Kathamrita was surprisingly novel. He would sit with closed eyes as in a trance, and make the old memories alive in his consciousness. Then would flow a continuous stream of words which were to be taken down exactly as they were uttered. No repetition could be asked for. Being thus associated with ‘M’, he had come to know about the greatness of the Mother, and he made it a part of his life to visit her at Jayrambati frequently. His house ‘Vayugram’ was a couple of miles away from Arambagh and twelve miles from Jayrambati. He was the Zamindar of the place besides being a lawyer, a combination of functions that made him a well-known and influential person at his place as well as at the neighbouring Jayrambati.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) –
Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 101-102]