Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
​03-February-2015 (Tuesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

​03-February-2015 (Tuesday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Women Visitors to the Mother’s House – 03

Manindra Babu’s mother heard of the Mother from her son and so went to see her once at her place. After the meeting, she became very much attracted to the Mother through the latter’s grace, and her attachment for her own family proportionately decreased. Hers was a big household – consisting of a son, a daughter-in-law, and a widowed daughter, besides grand-daughters, relatives and guests, servants and maid servants. There was also the daily worship of the family Deity to be performed. She was the mistress of such a family, directing all the members and discharging all the family duties. She managed that prosperous family so well that people were all praise for her. But with the growth to the devotion to the Mother, she became indifferent to her own family affairs, and began to visit the Mother at Jayrambati frequently. On such occasions she was found to be reluctant to return home. She stayed on joyously taking part in all the work at the Mother’s house, even like a maid servant.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 102]