Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
​04-February-2015 (Wednesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

​04-February-2015 (Wednesday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Women Visitors to the Mother’s House – 04

The old lady would often walk all the distance of about twelve miles from her home to Jayrambati, accompanied by a female attendant. There is a reason to believe that in his heart of hearts Manindra Babu did not like the idea of mother going so frequently to Jayrambati and staying over there for long periods. This might have been due to the thought of the neglect of his own household, or due to the fear that his mother would not be getting accustomed comforts and amenities of life at Jayrambati. Manindra Babu’s obstructive mind was once thus hinted at by his mother thus: “Mani has said that he will send me soon there. If he does not do so, I shall run away from here.” After the lady’s death sometime after, Manindra Babu came to the Mother in great sorrow and said: “My mother had made all arrangements to come to you. She even packed all her clothes in a bag. But she suddenly fell ill, and within a few days breathed her last.” The Mother, too, with tears in her eyes started lamenting in a choked voice, “My poor daughter wanted so much to come to be, but alas! she could not!”

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 102]