Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
​06-February-2015 (Friday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

​06-February-2015 (Friday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother’s Way of Teaching – 02

We often make a hard and fast distinction between our spiritual life and our worldly activities, dividing them into two water-tight compartments. The consequence is that we often feel our spiritual practice as something unnatural to us, as something forced into our life which we identify with our worldly activities. Not to speak of the Holy Mother, even in the lives of her disciples living near her, this compartmentalisation of life, and the consequent development of a feeling of dichotomy between the spiritual and the secular, did not arise. Through her love and sweetness there would grow naturally in these disciples traits like proficiency in work, attachment to truth, forbearance, love and affection, eagerness to serve others etc. As regards faith in God and the practice of His worship – that was one’s way of life and was as spontaneous as breathing.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 103]