Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
​07-February-2015 (Saturday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

​07-February-2015 (Saturday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother’s Way of Teaching – 03

The faith that gradually became firm in their hearts was this: “There is one all-pervading, all compassionate Lord, who is the Sakti (Power) behind all the functions of the world like creation, preservation and destruction. He is present everywhere, inside and outside. The world is the Lord’s. He created it for His own play. We are mere pawns in His game. Wherever He keeps us, and in whatever way He does so, we have to abide by it contentedly. We suffer as a result of our own actions; it is unfair to blame anybody else for it. We have to surrender ourselves completely to the Lord with faith and devotion, serve others to the best of our capacity, and never be a source of sorrow to anybody.” Teachings like these, the Mother used to impart to her children in a manner that they absorbed them in their hearts unknowingly, without any formal instruction. Through her grace their ego, based on their bodily identity and their attachment for objects of the senses, gradually got attenuated in her company.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 103-104]