Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
16-February-2015 (Monday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

16-February-2015 (Monday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother’s Attitude towards Presents – 05

Amjad liked to do some service to the Mother and make her some offerings. He would therefore bring some vegetables as a present, and with these in hand, he would stand hesitant before the Mother for a time, and then place them at her feet, and stand aside motionless like a statue. He would enter the verandah of the Mother’s house with a hesitant veneration, his heart all trepidation, face pale, and steps faltering. But after receiving the Mother’s affectionate welcome, and partaking of the food offered to him, he would come out full of joy, chewing betel rolls, with his head held erect. The poor cultivator devotees of Koalpara and some others of the village of Jayrambati would offer to the Mother some simple products of their fields. The Mother would accept these with great appreciation, and in return would give them her unique love, and with it something or other from her own house, together with the Prasad of fruits and sweets.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 106]