Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
​21-February-2015 (Saturday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

​21-February-2015 (Saturday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Story of the Present of fried Rice – 02

When he left Calcutta, the Mother had asked him to call on Bou-Ma, the Mother of Mani Babu, on his way back. So reaching Arambagh, he had to go to Vayugram, where Mani Babu lived. Mani Banu’s mother was very happy, especially when she heard that the Mother has asked him to call on her. She gave him a hearty welcome, cooked so many dishes and fed him sumptuously. She asked him to spend the night there, so that she would be able to prepare something which the Mother liked very much. Hearing that the Mother was not keeping good health because of acute rheumatism, Mani Babu’s mother had a great desire to meet her. But it was not possible to do so now, as her own daughter was ill. Hence her keenness to send something for the Mother through him. Considering it a great good fortune to be able to carry something for the Mother, the disciple agreed to stay. After spending the night joyfully in talk about the Master and the Mother with his friend Mani Babu, he was about to start on his journey again the next morning. Thereupon Mani Babu’s mother placed in his hand with great care, a biscuit tin well packed.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 107-108]