Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
22-February-2015 (Sunday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

22-February-2015 (Sunday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Story of the Present of fried Rice – 03

When the disciple arrived at the Udbodhan at dusk, he found the Mother lying in bed suffering from acute rheumatism. An attendant was rubbing ointment on her legs. As soon as the Mother’s eye fell on him, she was very happy and sat up. On being asked about the welfare of the devotees, he gave suitable accounts and told her that they had all sent their Pranams to her. Then he produced the packets of radishes and the biscuit tin and placed them in her hands. How elated the Mother was at seeing those radishes, as if they were precious rarities! Then like a little girl she eagerly opened the biscuit tin and was overwhelmed with joy at seeing what it contained. Seeing this joy of the Mother, the son became curious to know what substance it was. And lo! he found the precious thing was nothing else than Chal Bhaja (a type of home-made fried rice)!

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 108]​