Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
​26-February-2015 (Thursday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

​26-February-2015 (Thursday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Story of the Savoury Pithey – 03

But after a few days he was, as he thought, about to receive a rebuff to his devotional enthusiasm. With a friend’s help he procured from a distant place some fragrant rice of high quality, with which he got a savoury Pithey made, in the hope that the Mother would partake of it. When in the evening he was about to start for the Mother’s place with the packet of newly prepared Pithey in hand, a devotee of the place warned him that the Mother, being an observer of the rules of life for a Brahmana widow, would not take any rice preparations at night. This was a bolt from the blue for the boy-devotee. At first he thought it was better for him heed this warning; for if the Mother could not take it, he would be putting her into an embarrassing situation, and himself to much mental agony. But after some cogitation, he said to himself, “I shall certainly take the preparation to the Mother. Let her act as she pleases.”

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 109-110]