Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
27-February-2015 (Friday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

27-February-2015 (Friday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Story of the Savoury Pithey – 04

With a heart agitated and heavy with apprehension, he covered the distance of several miles on foot carrying the offerings in hand, and reached Jayarambati just before nightfall. With great hesitation he offered the present to the Mother, and with tears in his eyes, said: “It was long-standing desire in my heart that you taste of this dainty Pithey.” In a very cheerful vein, the Mother replied, “Surely I shall taste it, my son. With much difficulty you have got it prepared and have brought it from such a long distance. Should I disappoint you? I shall offer it to the Master, and afterwards taste it myself.” Then turning to another devotee-son standing nearby, the Mother said in a measured tone: “For these sons of mine, I can disregard any rule.” The boy-devotee was thrilled with joy. That night all enjoyed the Pithey Prasad. The Mother fed them till they could eat no more.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 110]