Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
​01-March-2015 (Sunday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

​01-March-2015 (Sunday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Taking of the Mother’s Foot-Print – 02

Days passed and the disciple almost forgot the matter. One day he had come to take noon Prasad at the Mother’s place. In the evening he made Pranams to the Mother and took leave of her. The Mother was then staying at Bara-Mama’s place. As the son walked out of the house, he found the Mother following him. Thinking she was going to the tank, he stood aside and faced the Mother as she came near. Smiling, the Mother called to him in a low voice, “My son!” Taking a small packet from the fold of her cloth, she handed it over to him, and in a voice saturated with affection said: “Come, my son! Take this. It is yours.” Several disciples had gathered in and about the house of the Mother and so she got this done privately, unseen by others. With a palpitating heart the disciple opened the packet, and lo! he found in it what he was longing for – the imprint of the Mother’s feet in pink! Filled with bliss, he touched the sacred foot prints with his forehead, and keeping it closest to his heart, returned home after making Pranams to the Mother again and receiving her blessing.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 110-111]