Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
​05-March-2015 (Thursday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

​05-March-2015 (Thursday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
The Mother’s Physical Features – 03

After this, when the number of her devotee-children increased the Mother had to bear a great many of their importunities. Through the exuberance of their devotion they would roll their heads on the Mother’s feet, causing her much pain, and the Mother would ask them not to do so. Many would listen to her ad would become careful, but there were some who, through their overflowing devotion, would pay no heed to her remonstrations. Having a human body, the Mother was a human being and accepted the prevalent customs. If some devotee wanted to offer at her feet leaves of Tulasi or Vilwa, she would be alarmed and would forbid him to do so. At the Udbodhan House, Golap-ma used to keep a watchful eye, so that nobody pestered her. At Jayrambati, too, her attendants had to be very careful. The Mother herself would sometimes caution them about it. Having taken a human body for the sake of Thy ignorant children, how much suffering, O Mother, hadst Thou to bear! If the Mother has not this forbearance, it would not have been possible to bring up so many of her children.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 112]