Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
11-March-2015 (Wednesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

11-March-2015 (Wednesday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Expressions of motherly Love – Feeding of Devotees – 04

One day the Mother had prepared Payasam, and these two disciple-sons were partaking of it from the same plate. As it was getting rather late for the noon meal, she offered the Payasam to the Master as the food offering, and quickly served the hot Payasam on a big plate for them. The Mother was watching them consuming it, and talking with them at the same time. As the Payasam was still very hot, she went on serving it little by little. She felt that the sons were feeling shy and were not doing full justice to that delicious preparation. So she bent down, bringing her hand near the Payasam and asking them to consume it all. It looked as if she would otherwise put it into their mouths with her own hand. Then seeing the men consuming it with great satisfaction, she became very happy, and said, “Yes, wipe the plate clean.”

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 113]