Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
​13-March-2015 (Friday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

​13-March-2015 (Friday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Some scenes at Jagaddhatri Puja – 02

In a very melodious voice a son was singing, “Nobody should any longer have any anxiety about having a vision of the Mother. She is not the Mother of you or me alone. She is the Mother of all in the Universe.” The song had a great appeal to the heart of all. A line of it ran thus: “The Queen of the Universe, wishing to hear the call, ‘Mother’, ‘Mother’, from her sons, listens to it from behind; but at last seeing Her face to face, they do not call her any more.” Uttered in a sweet voice and sung in perfect rhythm, the melody of this line touched the very core of the Mother’s heart. A certain son, who just then came from inside the house, let them know that the Mother was actually sitting behind the door and listening to the song with great attention. This filled the hearts of the singer and the other boys with an exuberance of joy, and so they encored this line again and again and again for a long time.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 114]