Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
​16-March-2015 (Monday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

​16-March-2015 (Monday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Mother Receiving Worship – 01

Though the Mother tried her best to lead the life an ordinary village woman, her real form would sometimes be manifested are revealed to some fortunate few, who would have their heart’s desire fulfilled by witnessing in her the forms and attitudes of their respective ‘Ideals’. At the time of the marriage of Radharani, known familiarly as Radhu, a certain devotee had worked very hard, practically forgetting his food and sleep. This great steadfastness and devotion of his had pleased the revered Sarat Maharaj very much. So the night after the marriage ceremony, when they were all resting and talking about the satisfactory conclusion of the function, the Maharaj praised this devotee for the wonderful service he had rendered and said, “If you can now collect 108 lotuses and offer them at the feet of the Mother, then this labour and service of yours will reach the acme of fulfilment.” The devotee took these words of the Maharaj seriously. He slipped away quietly from the spot, unknown to the others, and with great effort collected at that time of night 108 lotuses.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 115]