Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
​19-March-2015 (Thursday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

​19-March-2015 (Thursday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Mother’s Life for Her Devotees: Her Letters – 01

The Mother had the same love and affection for all, whether one was a Sannyasin or a householder. When her householder sons and daughters went to the Mother, they never felt that she discriminated against them in her behaviour, or that she gave them less of her love and affection than to the others. The sympathy and fellow-feeling that they received from the Mother did much to lessen the sorrows and sufferings they were experiencing in the world. It filled their hearts with joy, and gave them courage to face the battle of life. She always took and interest in their household affairs, in their kith and kin, and in their professional career. If they asked her for advice on some problem that was facing them, she would listen to the details with great care, and then would give them the right direction. Many of her children who lived in distant lands would often write to her, letting her know about their own condition. Whenever the fell into trouble, or when calamities visited them, they would ask her for advice and blessings.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 116]