Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
20-March-2015 (Friday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

20-March-2015 (Friday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Mother’s Life for Her Devotees: Her Letters – 02

The Mother received many letters from both her Sannyasin and householder children. The Mother would attentively listen to the letters when they were read out to her and she would then herself dictate what was to be written in reply. She would also receive letters from her ‘sons of the older generation’, namely, the disciples of the Great Masters, as well as from some noted persons, for blessings. This humble son of hers had the good fortune of seeing many such letters. If he had even a bit of intelligence, he would have collected and preserved these invaluable ‘treasures’ with great care. But this ‘irresponsible fool’ did not do so, and actually destroyed them with his own hands! How full the heart is now with heavy remorse for this! He will, however, try to recall as best as he can, the matter contained in some of these letters.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 116-117]