Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
​23-March-2015 (Monday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

​23-March-2015 (Monday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Mother’s Life for Her Devotees: Her Letters – 05

3. A letter from the revered Sarat Maharaj (Swami Saradananda). In reply to a letter from the Mother, Sarat Maharaj was to send her some money to Jayrambati for some purpose. The Maharaj asked Ganen Maharaj to see that the money was sent. Later when he enquired about it, the latter told him that the money was duly sent, so he was satisfied. And, as they did not feel any financial stringency at Jayrambati just then, the Mother too did not make any enquiries about it. When a few days later Ganen Maharaj informed him that the money had not actually been sent, and that by mistake he had reported otherwise, Sarat Maharaj became very much perturbed and anxious. He wrote to the Holy Mother an pathetic letter, regretting the mistake very much and craving for her pardon with great humility. In reply to this, the Mother informed him that she was free from any want then, and assured him that through the will of the Master, it was good that the money was not sent. She sent him her blessings too.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 117-118]