Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
​​25-March-2015 (Wednesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

​​25-March-2015 (Wednesday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Mother’s Life for Her Devotees: Her Letters – 07

5. The letters written by Swami Prajnananda from Mayavati. At the Udbodhan House, Swami Prajnananda and his sister Sudhira Devi were blessed with the love and grace of the Mother in profusion and they felt very much attracted to her. He wrote a long detailed letter from Mayavati to the Mother, telling her about the innermost desire of his heart and asked for her affectionate blessings. His letters contained beautiful and detailed descriptions of Mayavati. In one of his letters he wrote: “Tigers come in the compound of the Ashrama at night. We hear their growls.” Hearing this the Mother was filled with fear and worry. He had sent Dahlia bulbs from Mayavati to be planted in the garden of the Mother’s new house. I am also reminded of what he had written about the devoted Bhutia sisters, Rama Devi and Surama Devi, whose present of a beautiful ‘Asana’ or prayer carpet he had forwarded to the Mother as a token of their great devotion.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 118]