Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
​​27-March-2015 (Friday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

​​27-March-2015 (Friday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Mother’s Life for Her Devotees: Her Letters – 09

7. At times devotees would write to her mentioning some difficult problems, in the hope of getting solutions to these in her reply to them. The Mother would always give the right answer. I shall try to give here a few examples of these:

8. A certain lady devotee had written that her husband was not liking the householder’s life and was thinking of sending his wife (herself) and children to her father’s place with the intention of leaving the world and becoming a Sannyasin. The moment the Mother heard this letter read out, she lost herself in grief. She said, “Oh, the injustice of it! She is only a young girl. Where will she go with these little offspring of hers and what will she do?” Then she said in a firm voice, “Write to him forbidding him to leave the world now. Let him first bring up these children of his. By earning money, let him make proper provision for their upkeep. Then we shall see what is to be done.”

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 119]