Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
28-March-2015 (Saturday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda

28-March-2015 (Saturday)
Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda
Mother’s Life for Her Devotees: Her Letters – 10

9. Another disciple had written: The service that he was employed in required him to tell lies sometimes. So he was intending to leave it. But on account of his family responsibility he was not able to do so, there being no other alternative work that he could take up. He wanted the Mother’s advice and directive in this distressing situation. Hearing this, the Mother was absorbed in thought for the devotee for some time, and then asked the disciple to write to the devotee not to leave his job. The immature writer was hesitating to write this, thinking within himself why the Mother should have given him such an advice, considering that what he wanted was to stick to the path of truth. At this the Mother explained to him: “Today he is afraid to tell a few lies. But after leaving the job, when he gets overwhelmed by wants, he would not be afraid to steal or even to rob.” In great grief the Mother repeated to herself several times this last portion: “He will not be afraid to steal or even to rob, when he gets overwhelmed by wants.” The writer was amazed at seeing this far-sightedness of the Mother, as well as her anxiety to protect her son.

[Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi) – Swami Saradeshananda. Translated by Prof. J. N. Dey. Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore Madras-600004: p 119-120]